Participate in the SESN
The INECE Seaport Environmental Security Network is an operational network of professionals involved in the inspection and monitoring of transboundary movements of hazardous waste through seaports.
SESN participants work together to build capacity, raise awareness, and facilitate enforcement collaboration on ways to detect and control illegal and dangerous transboundary shipments of environmentally-regulated goods through seaports, including hazardous materials, electronic waste, and ozone depleting substances.
Participation in the SESN is open to governments, organizations, and individuals with responsibility for controlling shipments of hazardous waste through seaports.
- Contact the INECE SESN by emailing inece at inece.org or by contacting the INECE Secretariat.
- Join the INECE SESN Mailing List to receive news bulletins and updates on SESN activities.
- SESN Brochure: Download and print the SESN Brochure here.
Seaport Environmental Security Capacity Building Resources
INECE is developing a library of capacity building resources related to controlling illegal transboundary shipments of hazardous and electronic waste at seaports, including links to a selection of resources developed by partner organizations.
- Operational Guidance for the Takeback of Detected Illegal Shipments of Waste
- Negotiating Customs and Environmental Cooperation: Course Materials and Resources for Designing an Effective National Program
- Basel Convention: Toolkit on E-waste Inspection and Enforcement
Browse the library:
- Browse the Library: http://inece.org/tag/waste/
- Submit resource suggestions to inece at inece.org
Key Activities & Publications
This resource is part of a series that INECE is conducting which profiles[...]
Building capacity among environmental and customs officials for detecting illegal transboundary shipments of hazardous and electronic wastes was the focus of the Second International Hazardous Waste Inspection Project.
The Operational Guidance for the Takeback of Detected Illegal Shipments of Waste, developed[...]
Guidelines for National Waste Management Strategies // Guía para la elaboración de estrategias nacionales de gestión de residuos.
UNEP’s Guidelines for National Waste Management Strategies: Moving from Challenges to Opportunities provides a[...]
To provide a “one-stop shop” for companies around the world to better[...]
The Basel Convention Toolkit on E-waste Inspection and Enforcement was developed to support[...]
News & Updates
Setting a record, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence has seized a over[...]
INECE’s Seaport Environmental Security Network (SESN) delivered a remote session of its[...]
From Global Times Three smuggling gangs have been busted for bringing over[...]
Article from GhanaWeb: Customs impounds 16 containers of used fridges More than 5,000[...]
The 15 February 2014 issue of OzoNews profiles enforcement actions and developments in[...]
From WCO’s Press Release, Brussels, 20 January 2014 A joint global Customs initiative[...]