Climate Compliance Network
INECE’s Climate Compliance Network (CCN) is a network of government officers and compliance professionals involved in the strengthening compliance with existing and emerging requirements that restrict emissions that contribute to climate change and that protect carbon sinks and reservoirs, including forests and soils.
National programs for restricting greenhouse gas emissions require cost-effective strategies and methodologies for performing measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) of all factors which impact the integrity of carbon markets and other climate-related programs. The CCN’s mission is to assist practitioners in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their work by facilitating the exchange of experiences, strategies, and best practices, and by providing capacity building tools.
The Network aims to achieve its objectives through:
- Developing capacity building tools and resources for measurement, reporting, and verification.
- Compiling methodologies to calculate and perform MRV of GHG emissions from a wide variety of sources.
- Sharing experiences, practices, and capacities for assuring compliance with program requirements.
- Providing a compendium of case studies on MRV and regulatory tools.
- Facilitating effective interactions among regulators and other stakeholders.
- Raising awareness of the importance of compliance and enforcement.
Key Activities & Publications
The tools and theories described in this Special Report on Climate Compliance[…]